for women & girls affected by ASC (autism spectrum conditions)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is a therapeutic meditation that focuses on breathing and paying attention to ‘here’ and ‘now’ rather that ‘past’ and ‘future’
- It has emerged as beneficial for some people with challenges including anxiety, autism spectrum disorders, depression and stress.
- Research comparing the benefits of mindfulness versus positive psychology, found that while both treatments resulted in significant reductions in stress, depression, and anxiety, and improved sleep and life satisfaction, those who practiced mindfulness had greater improvements during treatment.
- The course looks into the principle “put on the oxygen mask first”, when carers are encouraged to look after themselves not only the children they are responsible for. At the end of the day, it stands to reason that calmer, happier mums (and dads) make for better, more patient parents, which in turn makes for calmer, happier kids, regardless of their greater needs.
- This is a research study to gather evidence in support of further funding to provide a service for women and girls on the spectrum and their carers/parents.
Wednesday 25th February 10.30-12.30 & Thursday 26th February 1.15 – 2.45 pm
Heald Green community Centre, Outwood Road, Cheadle Hulme, SK8 3JL
We will be offering a FREE mindfulness taster session during the morning and afternoon + tea/coffee/cake
Tel or text 0757 877 5550 Email email@example.com